Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Goodbye & Goodbye.



Two very different sets of goodbyes this week.

First of all, I said goodbye to a good friend of mine, Carrie, who's leaving to pursue her career. We wish her all the best in the future! This is the second goodbye we said this year, after Billy. There are some friends that you don't have to see all the time but still feels very comfortable talking to. This group is one of them...



I used to have a lot of difficulties dealing with goodbyes. Not very good at them. My parents leaving to back to HK, me going back to Toronto, etc. Heartbreaking is the only word to describe the intense sadness.


However, time heals all wounds. In the past few years, I've voluntarily and involuntarily, happily and sadly, said goodbye to a lot of people. I wish they are all well, whereever they are.


On a lighter note, here are some of my favorite dishes of the night:


Fruit and shrimp salad



Taiwanese popcorn chicken




Waffles with vanilla ice-cream and fruits


















T
here was another goodbye to bebe, a good friend's dog. Coping with the death of pets must be difficult. I only hope Leo and his family will be strong to get through this.... I regret that I haven't had a chance to meet bebe, but she's lived a happy life.