Sunday, October 19, 2008

I learnt the truth... at17.


The less is always more... in terms of my musical preference.

I like songs with simple arrangements, preferably an acoustic guitar. Nothing's better than a beautiful voice accompanied by some plain ol' strumming and plucking of strings.

Their voices intertwine and create a perfect harmony. Their melodies and lyrics are at times uplifting "Over The Rainbow", often heartbreaking "無家想歸", sometimes soothing "良夜", but most importantly, they always connect well with on a personal, intimate level.




Jan 2001. 世界不知不覺無情地轉 勞碌找一個救生圈.

Dec 2002. 你這麼輕鬆似不擔心以後沒法再一起 再過幾分鐘 我即將失去自己.

Dec 2005. 回到每一次陰森記憶 像受傷的狗.

Sep 2007. 刺激嗎 幸福嗎 讓快樂穿透我吧 敏感嗎 害羞嗎 別顧慮相擁抱吧.



There were smiles, pain, sadness, sweetness, bitterness in all these chapters of my past. There were always an at17 song that I find comfort in at each situation. A song that I listen to when I want to recall a certain piece of memory.

Music can help to unlock long forgotten pieces of memories. For me, it's at17's music.

二汶. Ellen. Stories. Memories. Songs..... at17.









Meeting With at17:



The meeting took place in Sep 2005, prior to their concert at Living Arts Center. I nervously waited in line to meet them. I had their newly released book and first two albums for them to sign.


It was finally my turn. I placed the items in front of them. We shook hands and exchanged greetings. 二汶 asked me my name. "Dominic." I replied. Ellen spelled out my name to confirm the spelling, she spelled out my name with a Canadian accent. I told them I liked their recent single on radio... "衝衝衝". Ellen smiled and said "Wow, I didn't even have a chance to listen to the final mix yet". We then took the photo (I asked a very nice young woman behind me in line to hold the camera). 二汶 sincerely said "Thank you for supporting us, hope you'll enjoy the show." I smiled and replied, "No problem, I will enjoy it for sure."


I was so nervous the whole time. I wanted to say a lot more, but decided against it. It's like telling someone you love her on the very first day you meet. It's a bit embarrassing, hehe. All in all, I was so thrilled to get to meet them. I hope they'll come back to perform in Toronto soon. =)



No comments: